This set of exercises was chosen for Gary by his physical therapist so he could safely try to maintain his muscle tone. Muscle strength plays a vital role in improving your gait and balance issues. He uses a printed version of each exercise to help him complete a routine.
Before you get started, please review our post about using resistance bands and observe the following suggestions:
- Be aware of some exercises may cause the resistance band to snap back towards your head. Protect your eyes.
- Examine your band, every time, for damage before using and discard if there is a chance it may break.
- Make sure your band is the correct length.
- Don’t overstretch your band.
- Store them out of direct sunlight or heat.
- If you use them in a chlorinated pool rinse them well after with clear water.
- If they are sticky or slippery, wash them with soapy water, rinse, lie flat to dry and dust with cornstarch before storing.
Always consult your physician or physical therapist before beginning any new exercise program.